Amex (The American Express Company) is a renowned multinational financial services company, headquarter located in New York. The company was founded in the year 1850 is quite famous for its charge cards, Credit cards and traveller’s cheque businesses. Also it makes up for one of the 30 components of Dow Jones Industrial Average.
In 1958 Gladiator or Centurion was adopted as logo of company,and they have successfully made their image being printed on company’s traveler’s cheque, charge cards and credit cards.
American Express was started as express mail business in Buffalo, New York in 1850. It was started by Henry Wells, William G. Fargo and John Warren Butterfield merging their express companies as Joint Stock Corporation. It was started initially with its headquarter located at the intersection of Jay Street and Hudson Street, which later came to be known as Tribeca section of Manahattan. It enjoyed market monopoly on movement of express shipments throughout the New York for years.
Later in 1874, American Express relocated its headquarter to 65 Broadway (a location it was to retain through two buildings), which was becoming financial district of Manhattan.
In 1857, American Express ventured in Financial Services industry by launching a money order business competing with United States Post Office’s money orders. Once when J.C. Fargo took a trip to Europe and realized difficulty in obtaining cash in non-metro cities with traditional letter of credit, and went on to introduce Traveler’s Cheque in 1891 in denomination of $10, $20, $50 and $100.British government appointed American Express as its official agent at the onset of World War 1. They used to deliver letters, money and relief parcels to British War prisoners.
The employees also made attempts to arrange receiving money from home for both British and French prisoners by visiting camps and encashing drafts. By the end of war, there were delivering 150 tons of parcels per day to prisoner spread over six countries.
During the year 1980, American Express started a journey to be a super company in financial services and in the effort to do so acquire many organizations to create an investment banking arm. In mid-1981; it purchased Sanford I. Weill’s Shearson Loeb Rhoades, which is ranked 2 in largest security firm in US to form Shearson or American Express.
As per the data of 2016, out of all the credit cards, ones using American Express network constituted 22.9% of total dollar volume of credit card transaction in US. As on December 31, 2016 company had 109.9 million active cards, out of which 47.5 million were active in US alone , each one having an average annual spending of $ 17,216.
How to confirm your American Express card online?
- First, visit the official website of the American Express, americanexpress.com/confirmcard using this link. You can also type the address on the address bar of your browser to visit it.
- Now, once you’re in there, you’ll be greeted with a sample of the normal AMEX card (blue one).
- Here, you’re required to enter the details asked. NOTE: All the details are entered in the official AMEX website which is given in the above image, i.e, americanexpress.com/confirmcard. We do not ask for your card info or personal details on this page.
- Enter both on the space given and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Now, you’ll be asked on the next page that if you have an account with americanexpress.com already or not.
- If you’ve one, click on “Login“, and if not, click on the “Register a new account” button.
- Now, for registering, you’ll be asked about your personal details such as your:
- Full name
- Mother’s maiden name
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Email address
- Enter these correctly according to the details you filled in when you signed up for the AMEX card.
- Now, you’ll be asked to select a username and password.
- Choose the username and password, which you’ll be able to remember as this is required for login to the AmericanExpress com confirmcard website in the future.
- Now, click on the “Finish” button.
- Your card will be confirmed now! And you’ll be taken to the american express.com/confirmcard page, which shows that the card is confirmed now.
How to confirm your American Express card on Phone?
Below given is the AMEX card confirmation toll free hotline for confirming your card on phone:
Here’s a small heads up on how to do this on phone:
- Call the toll free number given above.
- Now, you will be connected to a customer support executive.
- They will ask you which AMEX card are you having.
- Answer it and proceed like they ask you to.
- Your card will be confirmed and activated.
AmericanExpress.com confirmcard FAQs
Below given are some of the common questions and answers of AmericanExpress com confirm card website:
- Q: Is is required to confirm your card online?
A: Yes it is. Else you won’t be able use your AMEX card online or offline in stores.
- Q: Can I confirm the card easily? Is the confirming process easy?
A: Yes, the process for confirming the card is easy as we mentioned in the step by step guide mentioned above.
- Q: What to do if I’m getting error on the card confirming website (on americanexpress.com/confirmcard)?
A: If you’re getting errors such as the website not loading, please try after sometime else. Now, if the card is not getting confirmed after you’ve done the steps we mentioned in the guide above, you can contact their customer support (details here).